Wednesday, September 7, 2011

"As I went down to the River to pray, Studying about that good ol' way, And who shall wear the starry crown? Good Lord show me the way"

I hope everyone had as wonderful a Labor Day weekend as I did. We headed to Blackberry Farms with Ben's family, and it was a MUCH needed break.

Photobucket

We arrived Friday evening and had room service, which was amazing! I had a scrumptious fish entree which had me wishing I could take a cooking class from their chef.

The morning came, and I decided to go exploring with Charlotte.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

The scenery was breathtaking.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

It's so nice to spend time with Charlotte without worrying about all that needs to be done; to just enjoy being.

Photobucket

Saturday night we had dinner at one of the main buildings. It was delicious. However, Charlotte was high maintenance and finally broke down before my main course came. It was the first time I had to carry her out of a restaurant screaming and the walk felt endless. To her credit, it was late and had been a very busy day.

Sunday, the weather cooled down. We had an amazing brunch and then decided to go exploring on the golf cart with Mike and Mary.

Photobucket
Photobucket

It is a memory I will cherish forever.

Photobucket

This is why I take pictures, to help remember moments that are fleeting but so very special.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Charlotte loved the adventure.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Charlotte definitely dug the golf cart; wind in the hair and best of all, no car seat, just Nana's lap.

Photobucket

We laughed a lot.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

We drove that golf cart into the ground...literally, it died and we had to call for a ride. It was a wonderful afternoon.

Photobucket

That night the laughter and wonderful memories continued with a divine dinner at the Barn. We were all dressed up and chatting away. Every meal we played the game of move all dishes and silverware away from Charlotte's reach. My watermelon and beet gazpacho arrived, and I reached for a utensils that I had pushed away from Charlotte's grasping hands. In a split second she pulled that soup bowl down onto both of us and our outfits quickly took on the color of red beets. The waiter came by just as it was happening and uttered, "OH!" And then the laughter started. We were all cracking up and as soon as one person stopped someone else would start up. My belly literally hurt that night from all the laughter.

Photobucket

I am sure one day we will fondly tell Charlotte the story of how she spilled beet juice all over the two of us and became infamous at Blackberry Farms.

Photobucket

I will also fondly tell her how her Nana doted on her and how she was most content in Nana's arms.

Photobucket

8 comments:

Kristen said...

You ladies look good in pink, at least!

Laura Beth said...

Those are precious pictures of Charlotte and Mary! What a treasure!

LB said...

oh, I love all of these pictures. I am sitting on my couch crying over them:) I love your bangs by the way!!!!

Mimi said...

Esther, it's like Christmas every morning when I turn on the computer and look for a post from you. This one, among many, brought tears to my eyes. The pics are great of everybody and the scenery is amazing. Can't wait to show them to Dada. Love you much.

Dana said...

I agree with Mimi - It is like Christmas every time you post! :) Charlotte's face in the beet juice dress is PRICELESS. And hilarious! So sorry about that! :) I bet she loved the wind in her hair without a life jacket on, too! This place looks amazing, and I love all the scenery you captured! My favorite picture is the one where the 3 of you are laughing heartily (with your sunglasses on). It makes me feel like I'm there, too. I can only imagine what kind of goofball antics had y'all cracking up so hard. :)

Emily said...

Seriously, she just keeps getting cuter! You take amazing photos. Charlotte will love looking at all of these with you someday. I've always wanted to go to Blackberry Farm. I have their cookbook though! It looks beautiful.

Susan said...

I enjoy your blog so much. Always uplifiting. Charlotte is so precious- to be me she looks just like Mary! I know you will cherish these pictures forever!

Meghan said...

How fun! That place is gorgeous! Man, I want to go there!

I love your bangs. You look so glamorous in all these pictures. =)