Thursday, August 18, 2011

"The chances, the changes are all yours to make. The mold of your life is in your hands to break."

So very tired…Charlotte’s wakings started at midnight and continued on throughout the night. She is cutting some teeth, and I think that might be the cause of our problems. Needless to say, insomnia has me looking in the pantry for milk and putting flour in my coffee. Due to a severally handicapped writing ability, today's post will be mostly pictures that I hope speak for themselves.

The Girls on Ahmic

Ben, Charlotte, and I slept in the main cabin at Needle Point while Henry, Dana, and Lia took over the boat house. This was Ben’s first summer living at Needle Point, and I think it made him understand why I was so sad to leave when we moved to Manakiki, our other camp.

Photobucket

Needle Point is on a peninsula so you are surrounded by the beautiful waters of Ahmic. I don’t think my grandparents could have picked a lovelier spot. It’s also very flat and great for children to run around.

Charlotte and Lia both loved the swing, and we all spent much of our time there.

Photobucket
Photobucket

It was such fun to see their excitement as cool air wooshed by,

Photobucket

to hear bouts of giggles as they swung past ground carpeted in wild blueberries.

Photobucket

Children make you remember the pleasure of simple things.

Photobucket

Lia and Charlotte continue to observe and get to know one another. There were times when we had to run interference when hair was pulled or toys were not being shared...

or biting occurred :)

Photobucket

But by the end of our trip they were doing well, and I look on in excitement as to what their future play will be like. For now the playtime mainly consists of Charlotte sorting things and Lia crawling around and eating things.

Photobucket
Photobucket

Though I think both of them greatly enjoyed all the outdoor time:

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

And sampling the various flavours of dirt:

Photobucket

And let's not forget hide and seek:

Photobucket

And those brief, sweet moments:

Photobucket

I continue to pray that they will be wonderful companions and that Ahmic will be a place where their friendship blossoms.

2 comments:

Dana said...

Haha, Let me guess who is responsible for the hair pulling, snatching toys, and biting... hmm... tough one. :) I'm desperately trying to teach her to "be gentle, Lia!", but it seems like a long road ahead. Praying that these teeth come through quickly for both girls! Love all of the pictures, esp those in the swing! I took a video of Lia swinging with the water stretched out in the background. Although the quality isn't great, I love to replay it. I takes me back in an instant!

Mimi said...

Esther, I often wondered about the place your family visits every summer in Canada and of course it is just beautiful but nothing to compare to those two precious little girls playing and enjoying each other. How special is that? Can't wait to see you all on Saturday. Love you all.